.This book is a wonderful resource for reminding people — both young and old alike — of the real Reason for the Season. It makes an excellent read-aloud for families during the Advent season.
.The book, Our Christmas Story, was published in 1973 and has been out-of-print for a number of years. Whenever I see copies of it at garage sales or thrift stores, I always scoop them up and give them out to friends and family.
.I was at a friend’s used bookstore, A Cup of Cold Water, in the Olympia/Lacey area this weekend and I bought both copies of Our Christmas Story that were on her shelves. I gave one copy to my youngest daughter so she’d have her own, and then decided to offer the second copy as a prize here on my blog.
.Keep in mind that the prize is a used book … it’s in “fair to good” condition and can’t be purchased new anywhere because it’s out-of-print. Here’s the question you’ll need to answer in order to be entered into the contest/drawing:
What’s your favorite tip, activity, or idea for simplifying your Christmas and holiday celebrations?
This could be something that saves time or money, something that brings to life the meaning of the holidays, a recipe, or just a simple activity that brings joy into the dark days of December.
.Rules for the Contest:
- Leave your entry in the comment section of this post.
- IMPORTANT: Please leave a valid email address so I can contact you if you win. (Don’t leave your postal mailing address in your entry!)
- Contest closes Monday, December 14th at Midnight (PST).
- All entries will be assigned a number. The winning number will be chosen using a random number generator.
- Winner will be contacted by email and asked at that time to supply a mailing address to receive their prize.
- All entries also may appear in an upcoming issue of the Simple Times eNewsletter.
I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s entries. Merry Christmas! 🙂