To order your copy of A Twaddle-Free Education via Amazon.com, simply click on the book cover’s image or click here.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Are you disappointed with dumbed-down reading material (“twaddle”) written for children? Do you wish for your children to feast their hearts and minds on noble ideas, fine art, and great literature? Are you hoping your children gain an appreciation of nature and a deep understanding of natural sciences? Most importantly, do you want your children to develop a lifetime love of learning? If you answered “yes,” you may discover a Charlotte Mason-inspired twaddle-free education is just what you’ve been looking for.
Charlotte Mason was British educator from the last century whose ideas are currently experiencing a renewal among home schools and private schools throughout the world. This book is one mother’s experiences and thoughts on applying a Charlotte Mason-style education in a modern American home school setting.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
In the mid-1990’s, Deborah Taylor-Hough set up one of the first Charlotte Mason homeschooling websites and edited The Charlotte Mason Monthly newsletter. Debi currently edits The Charlotte Mason eMagazine and blogs at CharlotteMasonHome.com
- My Introduction to Charlotte Mason
- Charlotte Mason in a Nutshell
- Narration Tips
- Natural Nature Learning
- Homeschooling with a Rock Bottom Budget (excerpt)
- Scheduling a Charlotte Mason-style Homeschooling Day
- Twaddle-Free Literature by Grade Level
- Frugal Family Field Trips
- Twaddle-Free Holidays
- Interview with the Author
- Are All Homeschooling Methods Created Equal?
… and more!
WHAT READERS ARE SAYING
- “This was my first Charlotte Mason read and I found it so practical and refreshing. It’s filled with simple explanations and ideas of how to implement a CM approach to your homeschool. I will definitely include this on my list of recommended resources for moms interested in exploring CM homeschooling.” – Mama Rhody
- “I am enjoying this book. My child is a little older so this is more for younger children. Wish I had started homeschooling earlier!” – Victoria M.
- “I just started homeschooling last year. Out of all the styles out there Charlotte Mason’s methods looked like the best fit for my family. I have spent quite a bit of time reading over The Original Homeschool Series books, and this book is a lot easier to read and is full of great ideas. Thank you so much Deborah.” – Erin
- “When I began my journey into homeschooling, I researched many methods, but kept coming back to Charlotte Mason’s ideas. They really resonate with me and my personal beliefs and are a good fit for our family school. The writing style of this book is easy to read, and there are many references to Charlotte’s extensive writings. I always appreciate reading about other homeschooling moms’ experiences; it helps me to stay on track and keep a long term perspective. I look forward to finishing this book, and will definitely recommend it to others who are curious about The CM method and how to implement it in their own family schools.” – Gina E.
A Twaddle-Free Education: An Introduction to Charlotte Mason’s Timeless Educational Ideas by Deborah Taylor-Hough is available in both paperback and Kindle ebook formats.
If you don’t own a Kindle, you can download a free Kindle app at Amazon to use to read Kindle books on your personal computer, tablet, or smart phone. If you purchase a paperback edition of the book from Amazon, you’ll be eligible for a free Kindle version, as well. 2-for-1!